MIND BODY THERAPIES
"WELLNESS FROM THE INSIDE OUT"
Designer Strategies for Quantum
Life Path and Purpose
Health Energy Work
Books and Music
TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY
4PM TO 8PM
194 North Street
1. MEDICAL NUTRITION
Co-Pay with BC/BS
MIND BODY SESSIONS
$90 per hour
SECURE PAYMENTS ONLINE WITH PAYPAL
Charge classes and consultations. with
major credit cards on my website. NO BC/BS or insurance copays.
Find out more....Please check out my
email us :: visit our site
|HELLO FROM LAURA
As we enter the season of quiet and reflection we also celebrate family, friends and times of giving. Wishing you all a Wonderful Autumn and a Happy Thanksgiving with all the trimmings. A time to eat well, drink, share good times and to give thanks for all you are and all you have. Enjoy!
FOR THE MIND: MIND AS HEALER #2
Twenty five years ago, when I began studying Nutrition, I read about Laetrile Therapy for treating cancer. Laetrile is vitamin B17. Laetrile (B-17) was supposed to be an anti-tumor, chemotherapeutic agent, naturally found in over 1,200 plants, mainly in the seeds of common fruits such as apricots, peaches, plums, and apples.
I read an article about a man with cancer who underwent Laetrile therapy and recovered. He was thriving on B17 as long as the medical profession thought it effective. He lived a healthy life until medical opinion changed. After learning that B17 was not effective, his illness recurred.
When media news re-appeared praising B17 as a cancer treatment, he started B17 anew and recovered again, until the next negative news report was published. The news stated B17 had no positive effects on cancer or any other disease. When the final medical verdict was in, and he was sure B17 was useless, his cancer returned and he died.
Was it the B17? Maybe? Was it his belief about B17, based on changing medical opinions? Maybe? Was it his final lack of hope? Maybe?
What are your beliefs about sickness and health? Who and what affects them?
Call Laura for a hypnotherapy session to learn more about your beliefs about wellness.
FOR THE BODY: GOOD FOOD
The more I learn about the effects of processed foods, Genetically Modified Foods, additives, preservatives, and artificial pesticides, the more I realize how important GOOD FOOD is for both adults and children. I was raised on home cooked foods, lots of fruits, vegetables. meat and fish. In those days there was no organic food. No necessity for it. At this time, there is a need to be more discerning about nutritional choices. Here are suggestions:
1. Cut down on eating out - we have no idea where they get their food, unless is it marked organic or how it is prepared. And that goes for the fancy restaurants, as well fast food eating emporiums. Make time for your health ......COOK
2. Reduce or eliminate processed foods in your diet. 75 percent of processed foods contain GM ingredients and strangely named additives. If the ingredient label reads like a rubber tire - you are no doubt eating unwholesome manufactured foods.
3. Read produce and other food labels. Conventionally raised soybeans and corn make up the largest portion of genetically modified crops. Ingredients made from these foods include high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), corn flour and meal, dextrin, starch, soy sauce, margarine, etc.
4. Buy organic whenever you can. Food that is certified organic, not "natural" must be free from all GM organisms, produced without artificial pesticides and fertilizers and from animals reared without the use of antibiotics, growth hormones or other drugs. Grass-fed beef will not have been fed GM corn feed.
FOR THE SPIRIT: HEALING MEDITATION
1. Breathe gently into meditative state.
2. Imagine healing blue light coming down from the heavens. Breathe in the blue light. Watch it travel through your body into mother earth.
3. Imagine yellow healing energy coming up from mother earth. Breathe in the yellow light, as it makes its way up to the heavens.
4. Alternate and spiral the blue and yellow light, until the colors merge and become green.
5. Breathe in green into specific parts of your body or mind that needs healing, at this time.
6. Breathe in wellness and green healing light.
7. Breathe out old, discordant or gray energy.
8. After a few minutes, let the colors go and breathe in white light while thinking, " Every day, in every way I am better and better"
9. When refreshed, come out of meditation, feeling relaxed and ready for a great day.
Click Twitter, and follow "Starwheel"
A collection of interesting quotations
Thank you for reading my newsletter! Laura